Save the dates!
The next Jumble Sale is Saturday, October 27, 2018 from 9 am to 1:30 pm. Come for coffee and donuts at 8:30 am!
Drop off donations on Sunday, October 21, 1 to 4 pm.
Old possessions find new homes and second lives at our annual October Jumble Sale, a rich trove of recycled treasures. A silent auction offers the opportunity to bid on vacation rentals, dining and entertainment deals, and antiques. And the food! Enjoy home-made soup for lunch at the sale, and take away home-made baked goods and soup mixes.
What’s for Sale at Jumble?
At Jumble you can browse through rooms and rooms of used household items, toys, furniture, books, tools, jewelry, linens, plants, and more. Not everything is second-hand! Hand-made crafts may include knitted caps, earrings, Christmas ornaments, or anything else that strikes the fancy of our resident artisans.
Why do We Jumble?
The Jumble Sale:
- Keeps items from being thrown away, thus decreasing the energy and environmental costs of waste handling and storage.
- Offers bargains galore for those who need to stretch their dollars.
- Helps build community within the Meeting as members and supporters spend months sorting, pricing and arranging goods, and many hours managing the sale on Jumble Day.
- Enables us to donate leftover books to schools, prisons, and homes for the elderly.
- Helps fund Meeting programs including First Day School and Cooking for the Homeless, and helps the Meeting support the educational, spiritual, and social justice activities of Philadelphia Yearly Meeting.
How You Can Help
- Volunteer: Help is needed year-round to receive and sort donations, with the greatest need in the two weeks before the sale
- Donate: We gladly accept used items in any of the categories listed above.
- Come to the sale and find treasures to take home!
For information on how to volunteer or donate, contact us.